Friday 1 August 2008

I lose Binks and a blind cat arrives.



I have been in Liverpool for a meeting, to try and find a fundraiser for the charity, something we desperately need.Whilst I was away my beloved cat Binks collapsed and had to be put to sleep.I felt devastated, why do these things seem to happen when I am away?It was not unexpected, she was 18 years old but I had hoped for another month at least.Poor Binks had been an outdoor cat most of her life until she came to me , from them on she shared my bed, always waiting until I stopped tossing and turning and was still,|Only then would she move in to place her paws round my neck and settle down purring loudly.I became so used to it her purring did not bother me.I miss her a great deal already.
On the way back from Liverpool, we stopped to collect a blind tabby cat from A vet Practice in Cheshire.He is pictured above underneath the photo of jacko the blind collie.Stevie(wonder) had been taken in as a stray and as he was neutered and in good condition they hoped an owner would turn up.Nobody did claim him.He may regain some sight as its possible his blindness is due to trauma rather than a degenerative condition, only time will tell.Currently he is asleep on a chair in my living room.He seems a nice cat, friendly and gentle.
Today a farmer brought in 10 kittens, supposedly domestic and 8 weeks! In fact they are part feral and at least 12 weeks! homing 10 kittens more is hard enough but when they are unused to being handled it is a worse nightmare.On the positive side they are all pretty ginger and whites and a couple opf greys which appeal to people.Of course I am also very pleased that they have been brought in for rehoming and even more pleased that the owner took a neutering voucher for the mother cat.Result.If only a few farmers take responsibility for their farm cats it is progress.
Rosie is fostering a young collie brought here yesterday.He is only 8 months old so hopefully she will not have him too long before someone nice comes along for him. I still have Jacko the blind collie, I would love a nice home for him, he is the most wonderful dog, Im so tempted to keep him but I would like a home for him where he can be indoors with the family, somewhere with a nice garden and maybe another dog.He is the most happy dog, we all love him.Pictured above enjoying his exercise.
Someone is coming to see the ponies on Sunday with the view to giving a home to a pair(maybe Pepsi and Caspar, the Welsh Mountain ponies)It would be nice to find a few homes before winter so we are not only comfortable with the number of stables but also to have at least one free for an emergency.

No comments: