Saturday 2 August 2008

An anonymous letter stirs up the past.

I found Stevie on the floor this morning, his head right over to one side, he was clearly distressed so rushed him to the vet who diagnosed middle ear infection.Poor cat has been in the wars, can only hope he improves.
The young collie came in to work with Rosie this morning.He is a She called |Tilly, a lovely little dog, shorthaired and dainty and loves the other dogs, she had a marvellous time chasing them round and round the field.Rosie said that her owner had complained that Tilly jumped up at her daughter! What on earth do people expect from a puppy?Do they really expect a pup to stand quietly and not show excitement and more to the point why do they get rid of the animal rather than take her to dog training classes.Such apathy and that dreadful easy come easy go attitude is why so many animals are abandoned once the novelty appeal wears off.I have no doubt Tilly will make the right someone a lovely family pet.There has also been a call from a farmer who wants rid of 2 collies, 8 months and 18 months, neither want to work with the sheep, we need to try and home Tilly quickly so Rosie can foster these 2.
Just had a call about people who have been evicted and left behind 2 mother cats and 7 kittens.we are really full with cats and kittens so have no idea where they can go but clearly they cannot stay where they are.The house is being boarded up as I write this.A worrying situation, so I have made arrangements to go and collect them all, if the worst comes to the worst we will have to set up temporary cages in the caravan(staff tea room) until they can be accommodated in the cattery.
I am worrying that my replacement passport has not arrived and I am off to Peru at the end of this month, there has been a delay with the strike and the passport has not even been processed. They say that a letter has been sent to the person who countersigned my form and photo which was sent on the 22nd but I checked and she has definitely not received it! Is it just me or do other people feel that nothing ever runs smoothly for them?
The nice people who are having an open day at their farm in Criccieth on august 16th, have had an anonymous letter put through their door from someone who is obviously out to shut down the shelter here in Wales.This is the third time this has occurred and resulted in Tescos refusing to allow us to collect petfood in their store. This coward like all cowards does not give the name and address but I have a good idea who it is.In 2002 in Liverpool I took a freshfields dog back from a woman because she had not complied with the criteria we required (the dog was living in a kennel when she had been specifically rehomed to live as a family pet indoors) she subsequently took me to court but the dog was found a better home elsewhere.
The same year I reposessed a staffordshire bull terrier from people who were allowing him to roam the streets, they also took me to court.The judge was duly sympathetic to Freshfields and no action was taken(in either case)against us. It seems as though some people bear a grudge for a very long time because the old newspaper cuttings from 2002 have been sent to anyone trying to help us raise funds for the animals here in Wales.It therefore appears to be a vendetta against myself personally but in the case of Tescos it resulted in the loss of food for the strays of this area.Hardly the action of an animal lover and it only serves to confirm that my decision at the time was correct.
It is likely one of these families now has a caravan in this area, I am sure I know who it is but unlike her I have better things to do with my time and nothing will stop me helping needy animals, however I do feel sorry for her that she has remained so bitter and vindictive over such a long period of time.This sort of thing used to make me very angry, now i see that this kind of behaviour is indicative of someone with an empty unhappy life and is to be pitied.I wonder what other people think? Will some think I am a bad person?

No comments: