Thursday 15 March 2012

Vanessa had a little lamb.

Its looking good for Shaun no 2
The little lamb is doing well, he is feeding voraciously and is regarding Vanessa as his mum (photo above) Everywhere  Vanessa goes , the little lamb goes too .
A certain nursery rhyme comes to mind!
It is looking very hopeful and I am  increasingly optimistic about his future.  A very small dog coat has been found  for him which is keeping him nice and  warm  and doesn't he look cute  in it? The little chap is hopping and skipping around the stable yard, endearing himself to everyone who meets him.
How can anyone want to eat something so adorable and gentle?

Thursday:
This morning a  very young cross whippet/staff was admitted from a  dog pound in Anglesey. We have named him Pharaoh because his enormous standy up ears make him look a bit like a Pharaoh hound.I took him to the Vet for his first vaccination so he can go in to kennels but he may go instead to a foster home until his second vaccination. Rhian  has offered to care for him until then.
There is  a staffordshire bull terrier  female in another local pound waiting for a place here but we are so inundated with requests to take dogs at the moment , that I want to home a few from kennels before we take in any more. There are only so many at one time we can concentrate on in order to do our best for them. We have had her first vaccination so hopefully we will take her on early next week. It is so storage, the numbers of animals we are asked to take varies from week to week but we can have a real lull where we have more prospective owners than dogs, then 3 weeks later the tide turns. Veronica suggested today that the high volume of calls this past week or so could be down to the Moon!
Don't ask me, I'm no astrologer but there is definitely something in the air.
The cynical side of me  think it's far  more likely to be that people are starting to plan and book their summer holidays so its time to get rid of unwanted pets.

Diesel finds a home.


 He has gone on a seven day trial to see how he gets on living with another(older)dog. He is such a nice animal, it is unlikely to be his fault if the pairing fails to work but we are all rooting for him. Like many dogs which have part staff in them, he has had no interest shown  in him at all  and the fact that he has Glaucoma(albeit mild) meant that  the odds seemed stacked against him finding a loving home

Radio Interview.
BBC Radio Cymru came today to interview a Welsh speaking member of staff about the problem of abandoned animals in North Wales. Everybody hates doing this sort of thing  but Veronica was coerced into giving the interview and  did very well  - At least I think she did because I could not understand much of what she was saying! For all I know, she was telling the interviewer what a difficult boss she has and how she came to work for me  as a book keeper and ended up fostering  dogs, doing vet runs and sweeping the office floor! Oh and giving interviews! Thanks (I think) Veronica. You're a gem.


I go on Holiday.
This will be my last blog for a short while.
From this Saturday I will be away on holiday in Portugal until the 25th.
I can't wait to get away for a break from work, I need to recharge my batteries! I am going armed with details of local animal rescue centres in case I  need them (It will be a miracle if I don't)
Mei is holding the fort and will be caring for my own animals also; I have asked Rhian if she can find the time to write  a couple of blogs to keep everyone updated on whats going on here so  bye for now and I will be back online on the 27th march(or thereabouts)  xx

1 comment:

kim said...

WTG Nessa your doing a great job