Monday 8 November 2010

Memorial to Ben







Over the weekend Ben my old collie devoped a nasty swelling on the side of his neck. He seemed fine within himself, was eating and enjoying a fuss as usual.This morning I asked Rhian to take him to the Vet thinking it was maybe an abscess or his salivary glands.I was shocked to receive a call telling me he had advanced Lymphoma and had only a short time to live. I gave my permission to allow him to be put to sleep.He had not been suffering, in fact today was the only time he appeared not himself and low in spirit. I would not keep him going for another month if he was about to deteriorate so rapidly.A dignified end is the best we can all do for our pets.
Ben came to the shelter 2 years ago at the age of 12 years , his owner had become homeless and I offered to take him temporarily until he found somewhere to live.Ben ended up living with me permanently and was great pals with Meg Lurcher and Molly Great Dane. He was a lovely gentle natured and happy dog who thoroughly enjoyed his life here and he will be sadly missed. Rest in Peace Dear Ben.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I am so truly sorry for your loss - but as you say all we can do is give them the best in life when they are with us and a dignified end when it is their time to leave us.
God Bless Ben and God Bless you.
Jo