Friday 11 April 2008

rambam and friends


Rambam the sick ram we rescued a few months ago is now in the peak of condition and has made friends with our other 3 sheep, Sam, Bertie and Chloe. He looks so well now, nothing like the pathetic creature which arrived here covered in sores and so very nervous.What a difference some tender loving care does for these animals.He is quite a character and has quickly learned to respond to his name.
I have just heard some terrible news, the Amersham Horses rescued from a farm where dozens of horses lay dead or dying from starvation are to be returned to these dreadful people!!!!!!It is beyond belief that a Judge feels this is the correct course of action in spite of damning evidence that these people neglected their animals over a long period of time.If anyone would like to sign the online petition to appeal against this appalling decision, email me on freshfieldswales@aol.com and I will forward it. wHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM? This is a real blow to all the organisations involved in the rescue and rehabilitation of these poor horses.
As far as I can make out the owners are dealers so the horses and donkeys which have been so lovingly cared for recently will face a very uncertain future if the decision to return them goes ahead.
This has upset me so much I dont feel like writing my blog, I will write a letter instead to my MP and email everyone I know to sign the petition. This cant be allowed to happen.Surely common sense will prevail!!!!

No comments: