Tuesday 22 April 2008

Is Toby a cross Akita?


The strange dog was claimed, he belonged to a well known local actor/singer and his wife was delighted to have him back.I suggested the dog be neutered to try and curb his wanderlust.
The 2 pregnant cats both tested negative for Fiv and Leukaemia but both now have lost their kittens and been spayed.they are not out the woods yet and the vet is very worried about them, they seem to be unable to bounce back unlike most young cats in this situation.It is a matter of giving them as much care and attention as possible and keeping an eye on them. heres hoping they recover from their ordeal.
Toby is still proving difficult to make friends with but I am determined, so watch this space! he is a funny little dog, he almost looks like a miniature Japanese Akita or an Akita crossed with a jack Russell(would this be possible?) Funnily enough the only dog I have ever been afraid of was an Akita at the Liverpool shelter.He was a very dominant dog and once had me pinned up against a wall, growling just inches away from my face.A truly scary experience, fortunately I was rescued by Alan who was working in the kennels and a potentially serious incident was averted. I do not anticipate the same problem with Toby, he is just afraid.
It seems that the comments I made about the trustee/staff meeting have caused a mini furore! Was it bad judgement on my part by mentioning it or should I not be honest when writing my blog? A difficult one! I write as I feel.I need to think this one over.

1 comment:

netta said...

leave your blog as it is, It's honest and from the heart. You didn't name names or even say what was said. Honesty never hurts anyone in the long run. lies do the damage, and it is always best to let people know how you feel rather than bottling it all up; and lets them see the other persons side of it too.
Lynette