Sunday 13 April 2008

A national disgrace.

Still thinking about the Amnersham horse case. Seems that even though 30 dead horses were found on the property of these disgusting people, and the RSPCA removed over 100 animals,many of which were in a state of starvation/emaciation, the Judge has decreed that 29 donkeys and all shetland ponies are returned to them!!!!!His reasoning - the Dealer owners told him that these were family pets!!! The remainder of the horses, unbelievably are not to be signed over to the animal welfare organisations caring for them but now they have been brought back to health are to be sold at Auction!!!!!This of course what was they were destined for originally but to do so now after all they have been through is of great concern to me and to all other people who care about injustice. If you want to add your voice to those trying to prevent this occurrence this is the address of the online petition.
www.gopetition.com/petition/amersham-horses.html.
On to more pleasant things- its been a good weekend for dogs, homed Teddy and Ruby, small terrier types, I have so many calls for dogs, both wanting them and of course wanting to get rid of them, I wish I still had kennels here and was able to help without having to resort to foster homes.Nevertheless I am still managing to rehome a fair few unwanted canines so I have to be content with these limitations set on me.
Last night an oiled Guillemot was brought here ,he was found on Criccieth beach, unable to fly. I managed to get most of the oil off the feathers but either he had already ingested to much or the shock was too much for him and he was gone this morning.Its never easy but with this kind of problem I always half expect it not to be successful.At least he wasnt worried to death by a dog or other predator.
I have had a good week for cooking, I have managed to cook myself 2 meals without totally incinerating them, Im hoping for a third tonight! At the end of a long day the last thing I want to do is to spend time slaving over the cooker but I am perpetually hungry so needs must.My mother was such an amazing cook so I certainly dont take after her.Over the years I have burnt hundreds of meals and burnt a kitchen down twice!! cant wait to be old enough to have meals on wheels! Thank goodness the animals dont need me to cook theirs, they would never get fed.

No comments: