Saturday 26 April 2008

A long day in Anglesey


I spent Friday driving around Anglesey trying to find an address where 2 of our ponies had been rehomed. After nearly 3 hours I found it!! I could have done with the satellite navigation I bought last year but it was stolen from my car(whilst parked on the property) some months ago. It was good to see Simon and Poppy again and they looked well and content. Simon, the palomino shetland came to us as an entire male but he always had a sweet nature (unlike some stallions) and Poppy a black shetland mare came in with a pet sheep Sam, who is one of our resident sheep at the shelter.
The photo is of dear little Simon, Poppy and friends taken some 4 years ago not long after Simon was castrated.I think this might have been the first time he was allowed to mingle with the other ponies.
On the way home I popped in to check on the welfare of some feral cats we rehomed and was pleased to know that they are fine and the owners may consider taking a couple more from Freshfields.I hope they do as we have so many feral cats here and unless i find homes for these I cannot help any others. I have been asked to help with the trapping and removal of a small colony of ferals at a local tip which is closing down soon.Unfortunately there have been men with terriers and guns up there and the bodies of 2 cats have been found.We need to get them away before any more suffer at the hands of these Vile people.
The sister cats who have been ill seem to be on the road to recovery now, both are eating and looking much better.It will be a great relief when they are completely well and able to be put up for adoption.
It is still very quiet for cat rehoming , only 2 gone this past week, I wonder if people are waiting for kittens to arrive?I imagine that in the next couple of weeks we will be inundated with them though it is quite late in the year for them.I seem to remember last year we had kittens around easter.Our own kittens which were born here and are now in a foster home must be coming up to 7 weeks now.
I have been thinking about the problems of writing my thoughts in my blog and after some soul searching I have decided that I will continue to do so and if anyone has a problem with it they can stop reading it.My intentions are not to hurt anyone but to simply say what has been happening to me at the shelter.That seems to be the object of a diary surely?

No comments: