Thursday 24 July 2008

William sends me to Coventry


I am becoming ragwort obsessed!Everywhere I go I am searching for it, I can now spot it a mile away(well not exactly a mile away, more like yards)Thanks debbie for letting me know that DEFRA can issue an enforcement notice on the owner of a ragwort filled field so I will take that route.It may or may not be too late for the pony in the field but something has to be done to let the owner know that this is not acceptable.
The ponies had their xrays today and the results are not good at all.It may be that Judy and Tanya may have to be euthanased.I will seek a second opinion for my own peace of mind and make the decision within the next few days.
The rabbits are all back from their neutering operations and are fine, pictured above are Lipsy and Morgan, we are very quickly becoming overrun with them so desperately need to find some good homes.
My faithful companion William has had a dental today and is currently not "speaking" to me,I have been sent to Coventry.The ignominy of having to spend a night in a cage at the vets has mortified him, he is VERY VERY displeased with me! I can only wait until he forgives me for this heinous crime. Its a big relief that he is Ok, he must be 13 or 14 now and its always a worry when an elderly pet needs an anaesthetic.Even just one evening away and I missed him so much, I am so used to him being around me and travelling everywhere with me, he is like my shadow.
A few more kittens have been rehomed and a couple of adults but have just heard one fo the adults has gone missing.This is something which really upsets me.It was a genuine accident but after caring for a cat for so long only for this to happen is very upsetting.Sometimes I wish I could keep them all here safe from harm but it is totally unrealistic.I can only hope he will turn up soon.
The planning dept have been after my planning application was received.I have put in for plans to improve and streamline the cattery and add an extension to the house which is very small.We need a staff room as currently they use an old caravan for their tea breaks and it is on its last legs.They seemed reasonably amenable but time will tell.I am quite sure my delightful(not) neighbour will have already placed an objection with them! From something which was said at this meeting I also gathered he had made some more complaints about my dogs barking. He has already been instrumental in closing the 5 kennels we had and stopped me taking in dogs here, he most certainly is Not going to be successful getting me to part with my own dogs, however hard he tries. Watch this space for the next move from the council.

No comments: