Wednesday 7 November 2007

The dentist visits and 4 pups arrive



Fireworks are still going off though thankfully not as frequently, there are so many chained dogs in this area, it must be hell for them.
Had quite a few calls from people wholost dogs on bonfire night, I hope they were found.I have just heard that the shetland foal rescued from the shetland Islands has settled in well in his new home, also the mare Crystal rescued from Cheshire has settled in at a stables near the shelter in Liverpool.Kirsty and Lyn from the shelter are sharing the care of her.I have had a few calls this week to take in horses but I have to think of the stabling for them, this is such a cold place in the winter, I need to know the animals are all stabled and comfortable and there is only enough for the ones we have already. I think I have managed to find a home for one young filly who has from all accounts had a pretty bad start to her life, she is an emergency as the owner is not interested in keeping her and plans to send her to a horse sale.Poor Mary Jane has some problems due to past treatment, so there e would be little chance of her finding a pet home.I will know tomorrow if the home is suitable for her.Keeping my fingers crossed.
4 little jack russell puppies were brought to the shelter yesterday and already 2 have been reserved. They are such bright lively little dogs but not my cup of tea, I prefer them old and doddery and content to sleep for hours by the fireside! nevertheless they are charming little pups and I can see the appeal of them, they are real characters.By the way , Jack the 6 years old Jack Russell has been returned because their cat would not accept him. They did not give it long enough, 3 days is no time at all to settle animals together.No matter what you tell people this happens way too many times.It is so unfair on the animals. There have been a A few more cats reserved too , so all in all it has been quite a good week for rehoming.The equine Dentist has been here this week and has checked and treated 20 of the horses, that cost nearly £500!!! Old Noddy had to be sedated to have a couple of teeth out as did Connie.(pictured above having her dental treatment)Connie has hardly any teeth but has to be sedated for treatment because she is so naughty and hates the dentist.! I have much sympathy for her as I am exactly the same!! I once climbed out of a dental surgery window and ran away when the dentist turned his back to get the dreaded needle, another embarassing occasion I actually hit the dentist in my terror and anxiety to stop him getting any nearer with the needle!!Needless to say I was banned from THAT surgery.

No comments: