Monday 7 January 2008

Not the best weekend ever!

Well what a weekend! talk about manic! You know in this kind of work I meet many lovely people but also many not so nice and some downright odd! I have always considered myself to be rather odd, after all nobody sensible,rational and normal would even consider living this life. Would they?It most definitely is not conducive to maintaining relationships.nevertheless there are times I think I must be normal because others I meet make me appear quite conventional and dull! Without going into it in detail suffice to say that this weekend I have had my patience stretched to the limits by one such person, a person I tried to help but who is now causing me immense grief and aggravation.It is almost always the owners, not their pets who cause the problems at shelters, I speak regularly to other shelter owners and they all say the same, animals are relatively easy and straightforward to deal with in comparison to some of the people with whom we come into contact.So there is the Odd character and the not so nice award this week goes once again to my next door neighbour, the person whose sole reason for living seems to be to make the lives of others HELL.having stopped Freshfields from taking in dogs, his attention is now centred mainly on the people on the other side to him.
On Sunday morning they were in trouble, their elderly horse had fallen into a ditch.They asked our mutual neighbour for help to pull him out with his tractor, in no uncertain terms he told them where to go!!!! Later when the Fire Brigade arrived he was rude to them also. A delightful person with no end of charm!
Meirwen,Alison(our newest staff member) and I ran over and helped keep the terrified animals head above water until help arrived.After an hour which seemed more like 3 hours, another neighbour arrived with a tractor and with the Fire Brigade wrapping straps around his body, the old horse was finally pulled to safety. He was tired and cold after lying the stream for such a long time but otherwise none the worse for his ordeal.The lads from the Fire station were amazing, I have the utmost respect for them and their kindness to the horse was wonderful.So the decent folks outnumbered the others , good conquered evil and some lovely people offered homes to cats and kittens which is always a morale booster.

1 comment:

Roy said...

Hi Lesley. That Hawksworth character is evil and no doubt the firemen who attended the rescue will remember their confrontation with him , and perhaps he will require help himself one day ,let's hope. Roy.