Thursday 6 March 2008

A very popular pair of cats


Well, Laddie the old labrador found a home and I hear he has settled in well.To find him a home so quickly was a great piece of luck for the old man.Its just a matter of the right person turning up at the right time. iM SO pleased for him, he is a lovely dog and so badly needed a decent loving home for the remainder of his days.
Weve had two Maine Coon cats in and within an hour of posting their photo on the catchat website, enquiries started to come in.If only all cats were so easy to find homes for.Admittedly they are beautiful but so are the ordinary moggies.Tia and Theo are such big cats, as big as my dachsund, if not bigger.I can see the appeal even though I prefer the common and garden cats here!
Ive been struggling to find space for a donkey, a goat and 2 sheep, it was giving me a real headache as the goat shared his stable with the donkey and goats are notorious for escaping.All the perimeter walls here are most certainly NOT goat proof.Anyhow as luck would have it Ive managed to find a good home for all of them together so thats one less thing to worry about.One good thing about living in this area is the number of rural homes available to equines and farm animals.Ive had several calls this week requesting places for horses but I need to rehome some before I can contemplate taking in more.The 2 shetlands William and Walter are most likely to be going as there are people interested in them but I need to find homes for a few of the other youngsters.
I cant believe its March and last week we had snow!!!! Its set all nature completely out of kilter,I hope others are putting out wild bird food as many baby birds will die this spring because of the lack of insects for them to eat.Usually I stop feeding them in spring but this year I will continue to provide food to sustain them through the abruptly changing and irregular seasons.What damage human beings have done to the environment.We have so much to answer for.
Meirwen has just called the emergency vet to come out, one of the potbellied pigs has collapsed, his back legs seem to have lost all strength, it does not look good.We are going to try and move him somwhere comfortable until he arrives.

No comments: