Saturday 15 March 2008

Pretty in Pink


Rocky our lovely Gypsy Cob was given a new turnout rug which happened to be red, He wore it all day through a heavy rainstorm and when we brought him in and took of the rug, part of poor Rockys coat has been stained pink!! He is pictured rushing in for his evening meal, he refused to look at me wielding the camera and who can blame him, very embarrassing for a red blooded male!(well one without his bits anyway)
Its been a good weekend for homes. Jack the collie has gone today to a home 140 miles away from the shelter, he joins another young collie which was rescued from North Wales and he will Im sure be very happy.Collies need the right people, people who enjoy exercise and understand the need to keep these intelligent dogs motivated and occupied. I am often asked if I am sorry to see animals go and the answer is always NO.I am delighted to see them going to a proper home, its no life for any animal at a shaleter even if we give them as much love as we can, they all need individual attention and it distresses me when some animals seem destined to remain institutionalised.
The sad fact is that for some pets shelter life is the only life they have known where they receive kindness and care and to some, the shelter becomes a real home.Nevertheless I believe there is someone out there for each and every one of them and I will always endeavour to place them if I can. Unfortunately we have 2 such dogs at the moment, collies Pal and Sally but I live in hope they too will find the right home eventualy.
Also rehomed today are the 2 Maine coon cats Tia and Theo They have also gone to live in another area, they are off to live in South Wales.Im sure they will give a great deal of pleasure to the cat loving family who have taken them to their hearts.I hope their two resident cats will not feel too put in the shade by the sheer magnificence of these 2 beauties.
Its been a real success story for cats this week,Elderly Jack a stray ginger was chosen by a prospective owner and 3 more elderly cats have been reserved to go next weekend.Homing oldies is never easy so to home 4 in one week is amazing and a real morale booster for the staff who like me feel so sorry for these geriatrics who should never be here in the first place.(I wonder do they feel that way about me?)

No comments: