Monday 10 March 2008

Jack, another unwanted collie


Funds are so low at the moment I am really worried, Ive contacted the local Newspaper in the hope they may print an article appealing for funds.My forthcoming trip to |Peru hasnt so far raised many sponsors so Im panicking about that also.I thought when i had the link put on the website, it would be easy for people to donate but not so.Will have to think of other ways to raise some money.I always wonder who wrote the saying that money doesnt bring happiness.lack of it certainly doesnt either!!!!Im sure the person who wrote it was wealthy!When you are involved in animal welfare there are so many things that need doing, animals in need of help everywhere.What it must feel like to be able to give that help, to do good with the money, now THAT would bring happiness.Ive already spent my lottery winnings, just need to enter it now!
Someone turned up with a lovely young collie yesterday,there should be a rescue kennels in this area, there is nowhere for these dogs to go. This one is so sweet natured I decided to try him with my dogs- BINGO, he gets on well so he can stay until a home is found.Ive called him Jack.He was a stray, I dont think he has been a farm dog as although slightly nervous he is not as cowed as most.
Muffin(dogue de bordeaux)it seems is now wanted by the owner who parted with her 4 weeks ago!! There are inconsistencies in her story so I checked with the animal welfare society who passed her to Freshfields, they gave me a totally different tale, it seems that the other dog from the same home was in a sorry state and it took 3 hours to shave off her matted coat!!She also had massive dental problems and lost an eye through an untreated infection, there is a vets report so it checks out. I want only what is best for the dog and she is happy and content here so Muffin is going to stay.
The latest newsletter is now ready to go to print, however it will have to wait until funds improve.This one is bilingual so I may get a little help from the Welsh Language Board who are keen to help businesses and organisations who promote the language.
last nights horrendous storm frightened poor William so much he shivered and shook all night long, I had bought Bachs rescue remedy which was waiting for such a time and also some herbal calming tablets but nothing seemed to work.I dread these nights because I feel so helpless to help him but with not getting much sleep myself Im fit for nothing the next day.I really dont know what the answer is.
At last Ive had an enquiry for feral cats, there must be around 25 here waiting for suitable homes but most of the rural mproperties her already have ferals.She is coming at the weekend so I hope it will turn out to be a good home for a couple of the cats in the feral enclosure.I havent homed any of these for over a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tali said...

I hope the little man is now well settled in his new home.