Monday 1 October 2007

Jack needs a home - QUICKLY!


Ive just taken in a 6 years old Jack Russell by the highly imaginative name of - JACK! He had not been too happy with his owners young children and I was able to take him because he is good with cats and other dogs so he can come into the house with my menagerie.He really is a nice little dog but oh he is driving me mad with his hyperactivity! I sit down at the end of the day to relax and have a saliva covered plastic ball dropped in my lap, if that fails to attract my attention he walks along the back of the sofa and tries again by pushing the aforementioned ball in my face!!!Having said that he will make a great pal for somebody(just not me!!)as his nature is so appealing. I think Im getting too old to have lively dogs around me, my own are all getting on in years and as I too am facing the fact that my youth is now way way behind me it suits me to have more sedate pets around me which are less demanding.Now dont get me wrong I am not yet applying for a bus pass nor am I ready for a zimmer frame or walking stick,I just want a little more peace in my life.After 30 years caring for animals I am more than ready for a little ME time.I hope that doesnt make me sound too selfish!
Our pigs(we have 4 vietnamese potbellied porkers) will soon be moving into their new des res, a brand new pig house close to the main yard which means they will have more company and be seen by visitors.Currently they are in a back field out of sight so it will be exciting though more than a little difficult to move them into their new home in the next week or so.That should be an interesting day, pigs are notoriously resistant to change and will not be at all pleased with being herded out of their familiar field into a strange new area.
7 new cats have been admitted over the past few days, some beautiful longhaired stunners and we have rehomed 5 cats and kittens including Cindy who had a badly deformed back leg which will need amputating in the near future.Its great when someone takes on a special needs animal, it makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: