Friday 19 October 2007

Farm dog, horses and a guinea pig called Lesley


Another farmer has turned up with yet another unwanted farm dog.This one is adorable, she is 3 years old and small for a collie, like most of the other farm dogs I see she is timid, very submissive and nervous, it makes my blood boil.Tammy has had several litters of pups and is in season now so we need to have her spayed asd soon as possible.All the staff have fallen in love with her.The home situation appears to be picking up so I dont think she will be homeless for too long.Honey the foxhound/beagle has been offered a foster home though Jack(jack russell) is still with me. We have homed 9 kittens in the last few days and there are people coming to see adult cats tomorrow.What a relief when they start moving again, I admit to panicking amore than a little lately as it has been so quiet.
I am still in talks re the french horses, I feel in a moral dilemma as I dont like the idea of supporting the horses for meat industry but on the other hand seeing amongst others pregnant horses in the prime of their lives facing that dreadful 3 day journey to Italy, really does get to me.I think if the rescue can be used to draw attention to their plight and do something to make people sit up and protest at what is going on it would be of more use longterm than simply rescuing one or two of the poor creatures, I will keep you posted.
Have just heard from the lady who recently gave a home to two of our kittens and a guinea pig , the guinea pig has been called lESLEY after me.!!!!! A dubious compliment but Im sure was well intentioned!! Guinea pigs ARE rather shapeless and plump, a visit to the gym has to be on my agenda tomorrow.

3 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Good work, I admire you, but I'm not an animal person myself really. Do you ever read crime fiction?

Tali said...

..but Lesley...."HE" was a rather good looking little Guine Pig!!! L.O.L

lesley said...

Leigh, why do you want to know if I read crime fiction? Thank you for your comments and yes I do read some crime fiction.
Lesley