Sunday 9 September 2007

2 horses successfully rehomed


Strange thing Ive noticed - when I write about cats or horses there are no comments made.When I write about dogs there are always comments posted!!!!Dogs appear to inspire more emotion and passion in people, yet cats are the most popular pet in the Uk(according to a recent poll). On the other hand , a friend of mine wrote in her blog about the dog fighting activities of Michael Vick the american football player. Her blog is mainly read by people in the dog show world and yet she was surpriused to receive no comments on this appalling news story. She told the same story on the George Michael fanclub blog and was inundated with replies from outraged animal lovers! So much for those who profess to care about dogs, presumably they only care about their own.
To those who kindly showed concern on Monty collies deteriorating health, you may like to know his new heart/water tablets seem to be working so we may have him a bit longer than first expected.I will keep you informed.
Went to check on 2 horses rehomed a few months ago. Buster is a very large horse whose twisted foot made him unsuitable for riding and Abby is a highly strung mare who had been with us for several years after being deemed too dangerous to ride. The two friends looked very well and happy in their new home and I came away feeling happy that they appeared so content.Of course I managed to take a few photos of them, my camera is never very far away from me nowadays much to the discomfort of colleagues who are always on edge in case I snap them in undignified poses! They need not worry, I prefer taking photos of animals.
walter and William the two shetland ponies are going to a home tomorrow, I hope it will be an equally caring home. Pictured are Abby and Buster in their new home.

1 comment:

Tali said...

George Michael fans are nice people!!!