Friday 18 April 2008

Chloe has a blood test


Its been hectic few days,I have been to Liverpool to attend a trustee /staff meeting. There is so much worry at the moment about the future of the Liverpool shelter due to its financial problems. The situation is looking a bit more hopeful due to some decisions taken by the trustees.the meeting however was extremely stressful and I was not really in the best frame of mind for the inevitable confrontation with certain members of staff.This is never good but when you have just suffered a bereavem ent of any kind it is the last thing you want to do.When I started the charity , in my naivity I thought I would just be helping animals, I failed to realise that as it grew so did the amount of paperwork,administration and Human Resource issues.(when did personnel turn into HR?) maybe its just as well I did not know, I doubt if I would have wanted to carry on! I realise that it is necessary but it so often seems to take me away from what seems more important- the animals themselves.Unfortunately the two things have become inseperable so there is no getting away from it.
last night at 8pm I took in a young ginger cat whose owner was moving abroad this morning! Why oh why do people leave it this late? the same old story is given, "a friend said he would have the cat but he changed his mind" What - at the last minute!!! Then to make matters worse, whilst I was putting the cat in a pen, he stole back the £10 donation he had left on the desk! I wondered why he was leaving so quickly.I dont really know why I was surprised, I should be up to these sort of tricks by now,.I suppose I always hope that people ARE genuine but this positivity becomes sorely tested. Not to worry, as my old nan used to say "worse things happen at sea"!
One of our old ponies Chloe is becoming quite frail nowadays so we are awaiting the results of a blood test, I hope she does not have anything seriously wrong with her other than old age, she is one of the surviving ponies from Prestatyn which came in 3or was it 4 years ago- the years fly by so quickly and they seem to have been here forever.There are just Chloe and Titch the shetland left now.(they are on the right of the picture)
2 heavily pregant young cats were brought in after appearing in someons garden, these pretty little cats are very anaemic so have been tested for the various cat disceases.I hope their results will be negative.There are still no kittens about though our mother cat in a foster home with Mion(who also helps in our Porthmadog shop) has 4 babies just 5 weeks old now.I hope that is clear, its the cat which has babies and not Mion! When I am tired I dont always write the best grammar in the world.

No comments: